Thursday 30 October 2014

VIDEO: ATLAS FROM ALI ZAMAN


I get very excited whenever I come across something very creative. After I saw this beautiful piece of work done by my friend Ali Zaman for his business class, I decided I will post it on here to encourage and inspire anyone who has a dream to do something special real soon. Enjoy as Ali tells you more about his drive and the interesting video you are about to watch.....


Cinema has always been my favorite art form. Since I was a kid, if something looked, sounded or felt cinematic I’d get this tingly feeling in my gut that I still get to this day. I wanted to capture something beautiful and then project that on to other people.
The video to me is very intimate. I’m allowing a large group of people into my mind. It’s funny because about two weeks ago all the shots that we took were just being played in my mind over and over. Now, they’re real. Although I’ve always dreamed of becoming an Actor, my other passion is Entrepreneurship. I choose to study this in school because I believe that it’ll give me a lot of creative freedom which will add to my quality of life. In my Intro to Business class, my professor assigned us to make up our own business, create a plan and then market it. It was my perfect chance to incorporate both my dreams. Recently, I've been very interested in grooming and styling my hair so I decided to work on a men’s grooming company called “Atlas.” The product was an “All Purpose Paste” that specialized in having a firm hold in hair.
This was something I worked on the previous summer but never perfected the recipe. I thought this might be my chance at re-sparking that idea. I could have very well made the product pop up in your face but I accidentally didn't and I’m surprisingly happy about that. I didn't want it to be like every other commercial and promote a facade of sleek and sexiness. I wanted to provoke people’s interests, show them quality and have them experience something that’s important to me. The film portrays a certain emotion and I wanted the people who watch it to subconsciously associate that feeling with the “brand” and “product.” Similar to the Wes Anderson x Prada collaboration, this was just a short film that happens to be presented by my company. If this was a was a real company, I’d want the product to speak for itself as the film did. I was very lucky to get the help of all the talented people that were on this set, I couldn't be more proud of the end result. This was an amazing experience and I hope to do much more in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment